Welcome! My name is Margaret, and I’m an Insolvency Counsellor registered by Industry Canada.
My philosophy is simple: “Your credit rating is not a reflection of your personal worth, it is merely a credit industry tool”.
After spending 25 years in the financial industry in both lending and collecting, I launched Solutions Credit Counselling Service Inc™ and Women and Money Inc. to help those burdened with debt regain their financial independence. Since then I’ve helped countless individuals become financially literate, and put them on the path to financial health recovery. I have also served many terms as President of the Canadian Association of Independent Credit Counselling Agencies (CAICCA).
- Member – Vancouver Insolvency Discussion Group
- Charter Member – Canadian Insolvency Foundation
- Member – Association for Financial Counselling and Planning Education
- Member – Association of Credit and Collection Professionals – ACA International
- Former Vice President of Credit Professionals International (CPI)
- Member of the CPI board – 9 years
- Former Director – Surrey Public Library
- Volunteer – The Union Gospel Mission
- Volunteer – The Elizabeth Fry Society
- Volunteer and Mentor – Dress for Success Vancouver
- Volunteer – Corrections Canada, Youth Secure Detention Centre
- Volunteer – HRDC Self Employment Entrepreneurial Development Society
- Volunteer – Womens Network to Work Program
- I am a two-time nominee for an Entrepreneur of the Year award, and I’m a dedicated community leader.
As a Writer
I’m the author of hundreds of articles on credit counselling, having written a popular financial advice column for years. I do this to promote credit education as a part of healthy living. My columns have been featured on popular Canadian websites such as Telus , Shaw Finance and Canada Home Guide.
In the Media
Some people view me as a leading thinker in the field of Independent Canadian credit counselling. As a popular and respected financial speaker, I’m regularly contacted by the media to comment on matters of debt and credit as they affect the Canadian consumer. I am proud to have had the honour of numerous public speaking engagements, including the Chapters of Health national seminar series and many others.